Getting things set up
When the integrity of the QuickBooks Online company file has been validated, it’s time to get things set up ready for action. This involves checking and configuring the company settings—and setting up any items that didn’t convert automatically.
As with all tasks involved with doing a conversion, clients may feel nervous about attempting it alone. Once again, this is where you come in.
How can you and QuickBooks help?
Getting the client’s QuickBooks Online company ready for them to use involves:
- Reviewing the options in Account and Settings Part 1 & Part 2
- Adding custom fields and custom forms
- Carrying out an initial reconciliation
- Connecting bank and credit card accounts
- Adding custom reports
- Setting up third-party apps
- Setting up users and permissions
You’ll need to work with your client to identify their preferences for some of these items. Start by reviewing Account and Settings.