The IRS updates regularly the Get My Payment tool and the Economic Impact Payment page. Also they are updating their FAQ page frequently.
The Get My Payment will tell you the projected date when a deposit has been scheduled. The information is updated once a day, usually overnight, so you only need to enter your information once a day. If you didn’t use direct deposit for your 2018 or 2019 tax return, this tool can be used to input information to get your payment into your bank account so you can get your money faster.
The Non-Filers Enter Payment Info tool is what you need t submit your basic information to receive Economic Impact Payments quickly into your accounts. This tool is only for people who are not required to submit a tax return.
Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here
Use the “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here” application if:
- You are not required to file federal income tax returns for 2018 and 2019 for any reason including:
- Your income is less than $12,200
- You’re married filing jointly and together your income is less than $24,400
- You have no income
- You have qualifying children under age 17 and you receive SSI or VA benefits (you must enter your info by May 5)
Do not use this tool if you are required to file a 2018 or 2019 tax return; you should file as you normally would.
Filers: Get Your Payment
Use the “Get My Payment” application to:
- Check your payment status
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or by mail?
- Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if:
- We don’t have your direct deposit information and
- We haven’t scheduled your payment yet